Code of Conduct
Membership Code of Conduct
The success of the Group is entirely down to the hard work and dedication of the Members. When you join MYCO you are making a commitment to attend rehearsals and all performances.
Rehearsals are usually held on a Wednesday. However, there are times when rehearsals are called on Monday evenings or Sunday afternoons/evenings. Major, principal roles, may be required to attend rehearsals twice a week on a regular basis once the show has been cast. At the beginning of each term a rehearsal schedule is provided to the cast.
Performances include the annual production during the Easter holiday and the 4 concerts. Two of the concerts are normally held at the beginning of July and two at the beginning of October.
There are a number of social activities designed to bring the cast together as a group that we expect you to attend as well. These include the residential weekend, Open Mic night and the MYCO’s.
The Rules are simple:
- Please arrive on time and be prepared to start when asked. Wednesday and Monday rehearsals start promptly at 7pm and members are expected to arrive by 6.50pm. The rehearsals usually finish by 9.30pm. For all other events you will be advised of the time you should arrive.
- If you cannot attend rehearsals or a performance, please make sure that you inform us as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not email this information prior to the start of the rehearsal, then your absence will be considered ‘unauthorised’. If, during the period, within one year, you miss more than 3 rehearsals for ‘unauthorised’ reasons, or 5 rehearsals for any reason, you may not be allowed to perform in the show or concert.
- You are advised of the dress code prior to the events. Dress code for attendance at concerts, shows or other public events must be adhered to. Failure to comply with the agreed dress code will mean that you will not be permitted to perform.
- You are not allowed to leave rehearsals or performances unless you have cleared this with a Committee Member. The Committee is responsible for your wellbeing during these periods and failure to abide by this rule invalidates any insurance claims you may have against the Society if anything happens to you.
- There is a strict NO SMOKING rule at any MYCO activity.
- For safety reasons NO chewing gum will be allowed during any rehearsal or performance.
- You agree to follow all MYCO policies. This includes the disciplinary policy. Ignorance of the policies is not an acceptable excuse.
- Annual fees must be paid by 1 July. If fees remain unpaid at the commencement of the autumn term, you will not be eligible for MYCO.